Incoming Students: FAQs

I’m a vegetarian/a vegan/coeliac/lactose intolerant. Do the cafés on campus cater for my dietary needs?

The UIB has 9 cafés which offer excellent daily menus from which you’ll be able to choose the one that best adapts to your taste. If you have an allergy or food intolerance, contact the café beforehand to let them know.


Where can I find information about accommodation prices and options in Palma?

The International Relations Office (SRI) will send you a list of relevant links and platforms that will facilitate the search. Word of mouth and posts on social networking sites are two more of the usual ways to find out about renting opportunities.

Renting a place in Palma might prove difficult. Act ahead!


One of the reasons why I’m taking part in the international mobility programme is to improve my command of the Spanish and/or Catalan languages. What if I don’t have a high level of proficiency in the local language? Will all lecturers bear this in mind?

The UIB offers exchange students 60-hour language courses of both Spanish and Catalan. These are adapted to your level and will be integrated into your academic curriculum at the UIB. And not only that! You can also be awarded ECTS credits for these courses. The level of demand will depend on the degree you study at the UIB.


I’d like to know a bit more about the university’s spaces, location and services. Where can I get this information?

In addition to the information that is available on its respective web pages, the SRI organizes welcome events one week prior to the beginning of the course. In them you will be able to solve any doubts or queries you might have. Furthermore, the members of the Erasmus Student Network (ESN) of the UIB will provide you with all the information you will need for a rapid integration on campus.


Is it possible to prolong or shorten my stay at the UIB?

Yes, it is. But you you’ll be required to complete a series of administrative formalities both at the UIB and at your university of origin.


I want to experience life off-campus and get to know the area I’ll be living in. What’s the best way to get informed?

The SRI and the ESN will show you around the campus and the city within the framework of our welcome events. This is the best way to integrate into your new academic life!

Moreover, once you have settled in Palma, you’ll benefit from the advice and help granted by entities like Palma Jove, which will help you solve any queries you might have.


What extra-curricular activities does the UIB offer? I’d like to know what kinds of events and meetings are held at the UIB.

You can check our agenda to find out about all the opportunities we offer.

In addition, the Cultural Activities Service (SAC) organizes leisure activities, workshops, courses and a wide range of other opportunities which will help you broaden your horizons and have an experience that will go beyond the purely academic dimension.


I’m interested in the UIB as a destination for my exchange. Can I visit the place before I make my final decision?

Yes, of course! You just need to contact us and we’ll arrange the visit.


I want to take all my subjects in English. Will that pose a problem?

That will depend on the degree you want to study at the UIB, as not all our studies offer the choice to take all their subjects in English. For further information, check the programme of each specific degree.