Degree in Tourism
240 credits - Faculty of Tourism
The Degree in Tourism aims to provide students with specific training in managing businesses and institutions that are part of the most important economic sector in the Balearic Islands: tourism. The training received by students combines both theoretical and practical elements, with a structure characterised mainly by a multi-disciplinary nature combining:
- Main core training in tourism business management (business management systems for tourism enterprises, marketing techniques, quality management, strategic positioning, accounting, etc.) and the economics of tourism (measuring and assessing the economic impact of tourism, assessing the environmental impact of tourism, etc.).
- Language training (English, French and/or German) specifically applied to the tourism sector: specific vocabulary for tourism businesses, presentation techniques, common expressions, etc.
- Training in tourism law (analysing the specific legal framework of the tourism sector), the geography of tourism (land resource planning and management) and cultural heritage management.
- The practical application of knowledge acquired on the degree programme through work experience at a renowned tourism business or institution, both on the islands and overseas, lasting around 4-5 months.
- The Final Degree Project, which is the last stage of the Degree in Tourism, where students will use the knowledge they have acquired throughout the degree programme.
|Core Training||Mandatory||Elective Subjects||External Practicum||Final Degree Project||Total|
Students are offered the chance to attain the International Pathway in English accreditation certificate if they fulfil the following requirements:
- Passing a minimum of 30 credits for subjects taught in English (without taking into account English language classes).
- Meeting at least one of the following criteria:
- A one-year stay at a university overseas studying in a foreign language and passing 48 credits.
- A one-semester stay at an overseas university studying in a foreign language and passing 24 credits, as well as passing a further 24 credits in subjects taught in English on the degree course.
- Doing their Practicum with an intensive use of a foreign language (18 credits) or taking an additional 18 credits in a degree course taught in English.
- Writing their Final Degree Project in English.
In any event, the number of credits and subjects taken in English and whether the student followed the Pathway will be shown on the European Diploma Supplement, as well as any stays overseas.
< More information >
|20400 - Basic Notions of Law||Core Training||6,0||1st semester|
|20500 - Introduction to Tourism||Core Training||6,0||1st semester|
|20600 - Economic Environment||Core Training||6,0||1st semester|
|20602 - Introduction to Markets and Financial Operations||Core Training||6,0||1st semester|
|21100 - Geography of Tourism||Core Training||6,0||1st semester|
|20502 - English I||Core Training||6,0||2nd semester|
|20503 - Cultural Heritage Management||Core Training||6,0||2nd semester|
|20504 - Public Law in Tourism||Core Training||6,0||2nd semester|
|20510 - Quantitative Analysis of Tourist Activity||Mandatory||6,0||2nd semester|
|20607 - Introduction to Business||Core Training||6,0||2nd semester|
|20505 - Organisational Design and Human Resources||Mandatory||6,0||1st semester|
|20506 - English II||Mandatory||6,0||1st semester|
|20507 - French I||Mandatory||6,0||1st semester|
|20508 - German I||Mandatory||6,0||1st semester|
|20509 - Tourism Marketing I||Mandatory||6,0||1st semester|
|20511 - Financial Accounting I||Mandatory||6,0||1st semester|
|20501 - Territorial Resources||Core Training||6,0||2nd semester|
|20512 - Financial Accounting II||Mandatory||6,0||2nd semester|
|20513 - Microeconomic Analysis of Tourism||Mandatory||6,0||2nd semester|
|20514 - Tourism Industry Contracts||Mandatory||6,0||2nd semester|
|20523 - French II||Mandatory||6,0||2nd semester|
|20524 - German II||Mandatory||6,0||2nd semester|
|20515 - Tourism Operations Management||Mandatory||6,0||1st semester|
|20518 - English III||Mandatory||6,0||1st semester|
|20519 - Tourism Marketing II||Mandatory||6,0||1st semester|
|20526 - Taxation System||Mandatory||6,0||1st semester|
|20527 - French III||Mandatory||6,0||1st semester|
|20528 - German III||Mandatory||6,0||1st semester|
|20516 - Corporate Finance||Mandatory||6,0||2nd semester|
|20517 - Tourism Intermediaries||Mandatory||6,0||2nd semester|
|20520 - Macroeconomic Analysis of Tourism||Mandatory||6,0||2nd semester|
|20521 - Environmental Economics in Tourist Areas||Mandatory||6,0||2nd semester|
|20525 - Quality Management and Customer Service||Mandatory||6,0||2nd semester|