Degree in Social Education online
Students will acquire interdisciplinary competencies that are fundamental, personal, interpersonal, and social in nature, as well as psycho-socio-pedagogical abilities related to having an understanding and knowledge of processes and contexts for socio-educational intervention and the use and application of techniques and instruments needed for such interventions. Students will also be taught how to understand, speak, and write in English.
Social education has an incredibly wide selection of potential professional pathways in the fields of:
- Family education.
- Community development.
- Social integration.
- Leisure, entertainment and cultural management education.
- Social and educational intervention in childhood and for youth.
- Social and educational intervention for adults and seniors.
- Social and educational intervention in diversity.
- Social and educational intervention in schools.
These pathways are in addition to those in the academic sphere and social education research.
For a more in-depth look, please see the following website from the Association of Educators and Social Educators in the Balearic Islands: <http://www.ceesib.org/>.
The UIB offers students the chance to take part in different exchange and mobility programmes:
- Exchange and mobility programmes: to complete part of your studies at another university in Spain, the European Union, and around the world, or to get work experience at businesses in the European Union, managed by the International Relations Service.
- Volunteer work experience and projects with university development cooperation programmes in least developed countries, run through the development cooperation programmes managed by the Cooperation for Development and Solidarity Office (OCDS).
High-quality official study
Legislation requires that official Spanish Degrees receive positive evaluations by the National Agency for Quality Assessment and Accreditation (ANECA). This process is called verification, and it serves to ensure that the development programme in which you will participate will provide the skills and learning results that it is supposed to.
The European Higher Education Area requires that a system be in place to ensure the quality of degree programmes.
Bachelor's programmes are subject to assessment and are continuously improved upon in order to guarantee their prestige and recognition within Europe. You can see the results of the assessments at results section.