Master's Degree in Big Data Analysis in Economics and Business
Academic year 2022-23
You may also check this information for the 2021-22 academic year.
General information about Master's external internships
External placements are a training activity undertaken by university students and supervised by the UIB. Their aim is for students to be able to apply and supplement the knowledge they have acquired during their academic training, pick up skills that will prepare them for professional work and help bolster their employability.
Placements may be done at domestic and international companies, organisations and institutions, including the UIB itself, depending on the planned type.
Given the training nature of placements, in no way do they include the obligations inherent to an employment contract, as they are strictly for learning purposes.
They may be categorised into two types:
- External curricular placements. These are subjects included on the official UIB postgraduate syllabi for Masters programmes and are similar to the external placement subjects on undergraduate degree programmes. The activities are organised by each degree programme under the supervision and guidelines of the Centre for Postgraduate Studies.
- External extracurricular placements. These types of placements are voluntary for students and run during their learning programme. In order to undertake extracurricular placements, students must be registered on an official postgraduate programme or a UIB-specific title. In the event that the master's degree has a curricular placement subject, students may request that extracurricular placements be accredited. This request should be made before the end of the academic year where the placements were performed. Extracurricular placements are managed by the DOIP (see section: 'Are you looking for work/placements at companies?').
The placement agreement and appendix must be signed by all participating parties before student begin their placement.
For further information, please see the specific 'practicum' or 'external placements' subject course guides for each programme, contact the degree management team and read the following supplementary documents:
- UIB regulations for external placements.
- CEP rules of procedure for external placements.
- Procedure to sign a curricular external placement agreement on official master's degree programmes with a company or a department of the UIB.
- Example. Appendex.
- Information on hazard prevention during external placements.
(This document is currently being drafted. As a provisional step, click on the following link http://prevencio.uib.cat/ for information and contact details to make any query linked to this topic.)
Specific information about external internships for the Master's Degree in Big Data Analysis in Economics and Business
List of centres and companies where students on the programme have undertaken their practical placements
TUI destination services
Syntax for Science
IT Travel Services