Master's Degree in Advanced Microbiology
Academic year 2023-24
You can also consult this information for the academic year 2022-23.
- New student profile and admission criteria
- Academic and professional goals
- Access to other study programmes and career opportunities
- Structure of the study programme
- Final Exam
- Evaluation criteria and exams
- Study programme leadership
- Composition of the Academic Committee
- Credit Recognition and Transfer Committee for MMAV
Applications are welcomed from:
- Graduates with bachelors degrees in Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Environmental Sciences, Ocean Sciences, Pharmacy, Agronomic Engineering, Medicine and Surgery, Chemistry and Veterinary Medicine which includes the study of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, Genetics, Cellular Biology, Microbiology, Plant and Animal Physiology and Chemistry and any other degree related to the Masters.
- Holders of Spanish bachelors degrees based on the ECTS system and with a minimum of 180 ECTS credits in first-cycle studies that include Microbiology content and other related areas such as Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, Genetics, Cellular Biology, Microbiology, Plant and Animal Physiology and Chemistry.
Applications will be studied and evaluated by the course’s Academic Committee.
Current legislation applies to students with degrees from foreign universities.
This course aims to:
- Provide students with a solid grounding in the role of microorganisms as pathogenic agents, the cellular and molecular basis of immune response and the tools used in diagnosing and treating infections caused by infectious agents.
- Introduce students to the applications of microbiological, immunological and molecular biology techniques in analysing, studying and identifying microorganisms in vitro and in clinical, environmental and industrial samples:
- Broaden students’ knowledge of the traditional applications of microbiology in industry as well as its combined use with molecular genetics in Biotechnology.
- Further students’ understanding of the role of microorganisms in the air and in edaphic and aquatic (including marine) systems and their interaction and impact on humans and their activities.
Doctor by the University of the Balearic Islands in Environmental Microbiology and Biotechnology. (Doctorate with Quality Mark).
Focus of masters: academic, professional and research
Other collaborating institutions, businesses and private and public bodies:
- Hospital Son Llàtzer
- Hospital Manacor
- Hospital Juaneda Miramar
- ABSA - CULMAREX
- AGAMA - Central lechera
- Bacter Control
- Calvià 2000
- CBBA (Centre Balear de Biologia Aplicada)
- SUEZ - Desaladora
Frequency offered: once a year
Number of places available: 32
Mode of study: full time
Type of Modules: on-site
Duration: one year
- Research in clinical microbiology
- Research in environmental microbiology and biotechnology
- Microbial analysis
- Teaching in Microbiology
All students must complete the Final Master's Project to complete the master's degree
The course guide can be found in the section "Subjects" of this master's degree.
- Rafael Bosch Zaragoza
- Balbina Nogales Fernández
- Joseph Alexander Christie de Oleza
- Maria Magdalena Mulet Pol