Degree in Medicine
We recommend that students who wish to study this degree have:
- Dedication to service and solidarity with others;
- The ability to work in a team and leadership skills;
- Knowledge of scientific basics in chemistry, biology, physics, and mathematics;
- Comprehensive reading abilities in the official languages of the autonomous community (Catalan and Spanish) as well as basic skills in English;
- Discipline and the ability to handle constant work and study.
|Batxiller title or equivalent (PAU)||* according to entry mark|
|Title of Technician (FP - vocational training)||** according to entry mark|
|Being over 25 years old and passing an entrance exam||Health Sciences|
|Being over 40, having accredited work experience, and passing an interview|
|Being over 45 years old and passing an entrance exam and an interview|
|University Transfer or Course Transfer|
For more details, please see the information on weighting for access to university
Remark : The cut-off mark is calculated after the process of awarding places, and it depends on the relationship between the number of places offered for the degree programme and the demand that exists. If the demand is greater than what is offered, then the last student admitted determines the cut-off mark.
Other useful information
- Serás UIB: Application information and advice activities
- Application and admission: Access and Admission procedure information (application and registration)
- Enrolment : Enrolment information
In order to be awarded the degree, students must show that they have reached a level of English by the end of their course that equates to level B2 in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), in accordance with how this requirement is stipulated in the curriculum. The different ways to attain this are:
- passing the specific English language course on the curriculum.
- handing in a certificate or accreditation, recognised by the UIB, which shows the student has obtained a minimum level of English equivalent to B2 in the CEFR.
- passing a set number of subjects taught in English on the degree course.
- passing a set number of subjects taught in English on a mobility programme .
Regulatory Agreement 10714/2013, whereby the regulations for awarding academic accreditation for participation in university cultural, sports, student representation, solidarity and cooperation activities are approved .