Degree in Biology
The primary objective of this degree programme is to provide proper up-to-date knowledge in the field of biology, as well as information on how this knowledge can be used and applied. The fact that the programme is experiment-based means that there will be a significant number of practical classes.
In this degree programme, students will acquire abilities related to: the study, analysis, and classification of living organisms; the creation, transformation, manipulation, preservation, and quality control of materials of biological origin; the study of the biological effects of any type of product; and carrying out genetic and ecological studies. On the programme's webpage, you can find more detailed information on the skills and abilities that will be addressed.
- Health professional in clinical laboratories, human reproduction, public health, nutrition and dietetics, animal and plant health, etc.
- Scientific research professional, developing fundamental and applied scientific progress in all areas of experimental and life sciences at public and private research centres.
- Industry professional in agriculture and fishing, pharmaceuticals, agriculture and food and chemistry, mainly performing duties in the technical, production and quality management areas.
- Environmental professional, mainly in sectors such as planning, conservation and supervision of land, resource and waste management, impact assessments and rehabilitating the natural environment.
- Information, documentation and promotion professional at museums, nature reserves, zoos, publishing houses, press offices, businesses, etc.
- Teaching in secondary education, lecturing at university and continuous vocational training, postgraduate programmes in areas or topics related to biology.
The UIB offers students the chance to take part in different exchange and mobility programmes:
- Exchange and mobility programmes: to complete part of your studies at another university in Spain, the European Union, and around the world, or to get work experience at businesses in the European Union, managed by the International Relations Service.
- Volunteer work experience and projects with university development cooperation programmes in least developed countries, run through the development cooperation programmes managed by the Cooperation for Development and Solidarity Office (OCDS).
High-quality official study
Legislation requires that official Spanish Degrees receive positive evaluations by the National Agency for Quality Assessment and Accreditation (ANECA). This process is called verification, and it serves to ensure that the development programme in which you will participate will provide the skills and learning results that it is supposed to.
The European Higher Education Area requires that a system be in place to ensure the quality of degree programmes .
Bachelor's programmes are subject to assessment and are continuously improved upon in order to guarantee their prestige and recognition within Europe. You can see the results of the assessments at results section .