Dr Gabriel Roberto Dols Gallardo
Gabriel Dols is an associate lecturer teaching several Translation subjects at the Universitat de les Illes Balears. He has also been a professional book translator for over 15 years. He has translated into Spanish, mostly from English, more than 60 novels and essays, including works by Samuel Beckett, Noam Chomsky, Francis Fukuyama, Alan Greenspan, Timothy Leary, Lorrie Moore, George Pelecanos, Terry Pratchett, Saki, William Vollmann, and many others. He holds a PhD in Philology and Philosophy from UIB, where he studied a master's degree in Modern Languages and Literatures as well. He also holds a graduate degree in Literary Translation from the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona and another in Translation and Technologies from the Universitat Oberta de Catalunya. His research fields include the translation of African anglophone postcolonial literature and the interaction between translation and censorship, specifically in the translation of pop lyrics
|Start Date||End Date||Day||Start Time||End Time||Location|
|12/09/2023||31/01/2024||Thursday||12.00||13.00||CD12 / Ramon Llull|
|01/02/2024||31/07/2024||Friday||12.00||13.00||CD12 / Ramon Llull|
Subjects taught. Academic Year 2023-24
- 20878 - English for Philology and Philosophy. Degree in Philosophy - Majorca.
- 21815 - English Language V. Degree in English Studies - Majorca.
- 21815 - English Language V. Degree in Catalan Language and Literature - Majorca.
- 21829 - Final Degree Project. Degree in English Studies - Majorca.
- 21814 - Introduction to Translation Studies. Degree in English Studies - Majorca.
- 22030 - Practicum II (3-6). Degree in Early Childhood Education - Majorca.
- 21833 - Translation and Intercultural Mediation in Professional Areas of Tourism: English. Degree in English Studies - Majorca.
Teaching, 5 previous years
|20195 - Comprehension and Interpretation of Academic Texts in English||
|20955 - Comprehension and Interpretation of Academic Texts in English||
|21800 - Comprehension and Interpretation of Academic Texts in English|
|21801 - English Language I|
|21814 - Introduction to Translation Studies|
|21829 - Final Degree Project|
|21833 - Translation and Intercultural Mediation in Professional Areas of Tourism: English|
|21837 - Literary Translation|
|21846 - Practical Placements||
|22129 - Practical Placements on the Degree in Primary Education II||
|Contemporary Anglophone Literatures (LITANGLO)||Member|