Dr Francisca Salvá Mut
- 971172044 (2044)
- Despatx A-108primer pisGuillem Cifre de Colonya
Francesca Salvà Mut hold a PhD in Educational Sciences and she is full professor in the Department of Applied Pedagogy and Educational Psychology at the University of the Balearic Islands (UIB). She is an active member of the Education and Citizenship Research Group and the Director of the Laboratory for Research and Innovation in Vocational Training (LRIFP) at UIB.
She has been a visiting researcher at several international centres, such us Université du Québec à Montreal (Canada), Centre for the Study of Education and Work, Ontario Institute for Studies in Education of the University of Toronto (Canada), Institut Fédéral des Hautes Études en Formation Professionnelle (Switzerland).
She has three research sexenniums and five teaching quinquenniums.
Academic management experience: Dean of the Faculty of Education (2000-03); Vice-rector of Foreign Affairs (2003-07) and Deputy Director of the Department of Applied Education and Educational Psychology (2007-09).
Research areas: Early leaving from education and training, Vocational Education and Training, Training and career paths, Young people with low education profiles, Gender, work and education, Coeducation.
Currently, she is the co-principal researcher in two projects: the R&D project Teaching practice and the prevention of early leaving from vocational education and training: empirical approach and intervention proposal (Ref. PID2019-108342RB-I00) (2020-2023) and the ERASMUS+ project Co-created Education through Social Inclusion-COSI.ed- (Ref. EACEA/34/2019) (2021-2023).
Last 3 years publications
Aguilar-Mediavilla, E., Salvà-Mut, F., Imbernon, F. & Oliver-Trobat, M. (2021). Influence of qualifications in initial training on the professional development and motivation of primary teachers in the Balearic Islands. European Journal of Teacher Education. Published online. DOI: 10.1080/02619768.2021.1912005.
Quintana-Murci, E., Tugores-Ques, M. & Salvà-Mut, F. (2021). Poor educational attainment, training opportunities, and transitions to adulthood: the case of young Spanish women. In M.A. Vogel & L. Arnell (Eds.), Living like a girl. Agency, social vulnerability and welfare measures in a European context (pp. 101-122). Berghahn Books.
Cerdà-Navarro, A.; Salvà-Mut, F.; Comas-Forgas, R. & Morey-López, M. (2020). Natives and immigrants enrolled in Spanish intermediate Vocational Education and Training: a comparative study. Research in Post-compulsory Education, 25(3), 295-317.
Cerdà-Navarro, A., Sureda-García, I. & Salvà-Mut, F. (2020). Intención de abandono y abandono durante el primer curso de Formación Profesional de Grado Medio: un análisis tomando como referencia el concepto de implicación del estudiante. Estudios sobre Educación, 39, 33-57.
Olmos Rueda, P., Mas Torrelló, O. & Salvà-Mut, F. (2020). Perfiles de desconexión educativa: una aproximación multidimensional en la Formación Profesional Básica. Revista de Educación, 389, 69-94.
Salvà-Mut, F., Ruiz-Pérez, F., Psifidou, I. & Oliver-Trobat, M.F. (2020). Formación profesional de grado medio y abandono temprano de la educación y la formación en España: una aproximación territorial. Bordón, 72(4), 95-116.
Thomàs-Vanrell, C., Cerdà-Navarro, A. & Salvà-Mut, F. (2020). Les Baléares: quand le soutien relationnel favorise la poursuite des études en formation professionnelle de base. Formation-Emploi, 150, 1-22.
Cerdà-Navarro, A., Salvà-Mut, F. & Comas-Forgas, R. (2019). A typology of students in intermediate vocational education and training programmes based on of dropping out. European Journal of Education, 54(4), 635-650.
Quintana-Murci, E., Salvà-Mut, F. & Tugores-Ques, M. (2019). Making Spanish young women's transition to adulthood visible: a biographical analysis in times of crisis. International Journal of Adolescence and Youth, 25(1), 329-342.
Salvà-Mut, F., Cerdà-Navarro, A. & Sureda-Negre, J. (2019). The promotion of student engagement factors, sociodemographic characteristics and intentions educational success in intermediate level VET: The case of the Balearic Islands. In F. Marhuenda (Ed.), The School-Based Vocational Education and Training System in Spain: Achievements and Controversies (pp. 167-186). Springer.
Salvà, F., Pinya, C., Alvarez, N. & Calvo, A. (2019). Dropout prevention in Secondary VET from different learning spaces. A social discussion experience. IRJVET. International Journal for Research in Vocational Education and Training, 6(2), 153-173.
Office HoursYou need to book a date with the professor in order to attend a tutoring session
Subjects taught. Academic Year 2022-23
- 22322 - Education for Gender Equality. Degree in Social Education - Majorca.
- 22322 - Education for Gender Equality. Degree in Pedagogy - Majorca.
- 22232 - Final Degree Project in Pedagogy. Degree in Pedagogy - Majorca.
- 22328 - Final Degree Project in Social Education. Degree in Social Education - Majorca.
- 11904 - External Placements. Master's Degree in Psychoeducational Research and Intervention.
- 10687 - Gender, Work and Education. Master's Degree in Psychoeducational Research and Intervention.
- 10687 - Gender, Work and Education. Master's Degree in Human Resource Management. Psychological and Pedagogical Intervention.
- 10687 - Gender, Work and Education. Master's Degree in Equality Policies and Gender-Based Violence Prevention.
- 12010 - Gender, Work and Education. Master's Degree in Psychoeducational Research and Intervention.
- 11026 - Master's Thesis. Master's Degree in Human Resource Management. Psychological and Pedagogical Intervention.
- 11033 - Master's Thesis. Master's Degree in Equality Policies and Gender-Based Violence Prevention.
- 11905 - Master's Thesis. Master's Degree in Psychoeducational Research and Intervention.
- 11891 - Preventing Early School Leaving and Supporting a Return to Education through Vocational Training. Master's Degree in Psychoeducational Research and Intervention.
Teaching, 5 previous years
|10687 - Gender, Work and Education||
|11026 - Master's Thesis|
|11033 - Master's Thesis|
|22314 - Social Labour Training and Insertion||
|22322 - Education for Gender Equality|
|22327 - Practical Placements on the Degree in Social Education II|
|22328 - Final Degree Project in Social Education|
|Education and citizenship (EIC)||Member|