Dr Francisca Comas Rubí
PhD in Education Sciences (2000). Professor of Theory and History of Education at the University of the Balearic Islands. Principal Investigator of the History of Education Study Group (IRIE-UIB). He has focused his research on the history of education in contemporary times, specifically on topics related to the history of childhood and youth, contemporary pedagogical renewal movements, school practice and photography as a source for the history of education. She has participated as a researcher in an R & D & I project on youth movements. From 2007 until now she has directed, as principal investigator, four R + D + I projects, three on photography as a source for the history of education (HUM2007-61420, EDU2011-23831, EDU2014-52498 -C2-2-P ) and one on school practice (EDU2017-82485-P). The result of this research work are some books and numerous articles in scientific journals of high international impact.
She has taught in the degree in Pedagogy and the diploma in Social Education and Teaching. She currently teaches in the Degree in Pedagogy and in the MIS2 and MPINN Masters.
She has been vice dean of the Faculty of Education, Assistant Director of the ICE and Assistant Director of the IRIE. She is currently the director of the Department of Pedagogy and Specific Didactics.
Office HoursYou need to book a date with the professor in order to attend a tutoring session
Subjects taught. Academic Year 2020-21
- 22120 - Artistic Education: Music. Teaching in Primary School. Degree in Primary Education Majorca.
- 22217 - Evolution and Consolidation of Education Systems. Degree in Pedagogy Majorca.
- 22232 - Final Degree Project. Degree in Pedagogy Majorca.
- 22232 - Final Degree Project. Degree in Pedagogy (2009 syllabus) Majorca.
- 22200 - History of Education. Degree in Pedagogy Majorca.
- 22332 - Networking Social-Educational Work for Community Development. Degree in Social Education online.
- 22223 - Practical Classes. Degree in Pedagogy Majorca.
- 22223 - Practical Classes. Degree in Pedagogy (2009 syllabus) Majorca.
- 22324 - Social-Educational Intervention Techniques and Programmes in Behavioural Problems. Degree in Social Education online.
- 10888 - Family and Childhood Histories. Master's Degree in Early Childhood: Perspectives and Lines of Intervention.
- 10986 - Latest Contributions to the History of Families and Childhood in Southern E. Master's Degree in Socieducational Intervention with Children, Adolescents and Families.
- 10986 - Latest Contributions to the History of Families and Childhood in Southern E. Master's Degree in Social and Educational Intervention with Minors and Families.
- 11049 - Master's Thesis. Master's Degree in Socieducational Intervention with Children, Adolescents and Families.
Teaching, 5 previous years
|10888 - Family and Childhood Histories|
|10905 - Master's Thesis|
|10986 - Latest Contributions to the History of Families and Childhood in Southern E|
|10990 - Master's Thesis|
|11049 - Master's Thesis||
|11050 - Master's Thesis||
|22031 - Final Degree Project|
|22200 - History of Education|
|22217 - Evolution and Consolidation of Education Systems|
|22232 - Final Degree Project|
|22326 - Practical Classes I||
|22328 - Final Degree Project||
|History of Education Study Group (GEDHE)||Member|
Barceló Bauzà, G. Comas Rubí, F.; Sureda Garcia, B. (2016), Abriendo la caja negra: la escuela pública española de postguerra/Opening the Black Box: post-war Spanish state schools, Revista de Educación, 371, 61-82
González Gomez, S.; Comas Rubí, F. (2016), Photography and construction of school memory / Fotografia e costruzione della memoria da scuola / Fotografía y construcción de la memoria escolar, History of Education & Children's Literature, XI, 1, pp. 215-236
González Gómez, S.; Comas Rubi, F.; Sureda Garcia, B. (2017) La renovación escolar del Ayuntamiento de Barcelona y su difusión fotográfica (1908-1936) / The educational renovation of the Barcelona City Council and its photographic diffusion (1908-1936), Revista Española de Pedagogía, 75 (268), 519-539
Barceló Bauzà, G.; Comas Rubí, F; del Pozo Andrés, M.M. (2018) La práctica escolar durante los primeros años del Franquismo, História da Educação, 22(54), 334-357.
Miquel Lara, A.; Sureda Garcia, B.; Comas Rubí, F. (2018), Social and educational modernisation in Spain: the work of Segell Pro Infància in Catalonia (1933-1938), Paedagogica Historica: International journal of the history of education, 54 (4): 410-432
Comas Rubí, F.; González Gómez, S. (2020), Professional press for teachers as a source to study schooling practice: 'El Magisterio Balear' (1873-1916). History of Education and Children's Literature, XV, 2, 111-129.
Comas Rubí, F.; González Gómez, S. (2020), Natura et urbis in the socio-educational renovation of Barcelona City Council (1909-1933), History of Education, 49(4), pp. 476-497.