Dr Ferran Portella Carbó
Appointments and Education
- Visiting Professor (Profesor visitante), Faculty of Economics and Business, University of the Balearic Islands: Sept. 2018 -
- Senior Research Associate, SARChi in Industrial Development, College of Business and Economics, University of Johannesburg: Sept. 2018-Sept. 2021.
- Senior Lecturer, School of Economics and Econometrics, University of Johannesburg: Jan. 2018 - Aug. 2018
- Postdoctoral Fellow, South African Research Chair in Industrial Development, University of Johannesburg: June 2016-Dec. 2017
- PhD in Economics (Cum Laude, Extraordinary Award), University of Girona (Spain): 2012- Dec. 2015
- MA in Globalisation and Development (Distinction), The University of Warwick (UK): 2010-2011
- MA in European Economic Studies, College of Europe (Belgium): 2009-2010
- Licenciatura in Economics (Extraordinary award), Autonomous University of Barcelona (Spain): 2004-2009.
- Boixadera Bosch, R. and Portella-Carbó, F. (forthcoming) Beyond the euro: limits to economic policy in the EU. Revista de Economía Crítica
- Portella-Carbó, F. and Dejuán, Ó. (forthcoming) Trade imbalances and fiscal policy in the Eurozone: An analysis of economic interrelations with a global supermultiplier input-output model. Cambridge Journal of Economics, bey011, https://doi.org/10.1093/cje/bey011
- Portella-Carbó, F. (2017) Mass Unemployment in Spain (1959-2014): the Productive Structure in the Integration into Global Capitalism. Revista de Historia Industrial, 26(67), pp. 125-157.
- Portella-Carbó, F. (2016) Effects of International Trade on Domestic Employment: an Application of a Global Multiregional Input-Output Supermultiplier model (1995-2011). Economic Systems Research, 28 (01), pp. 95-117. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/09535314.2016.1142429
Office HoursYou need to book a date with the professor in order to attend a tutoring session
Subjects taught. Academic Year 2021-22
- 20611 - Economic Structure and Situation. Degree in Economics - Majorca.
- 20611 - Economic Structure and Situation. Double degree in Economics and Tourism - Majorca.
- 20654 - European Economics. Double Degree in Business Administration and Tourism - Majorca.
- 20654 - European Economics. Degree in Economics - Majorca.
- 20654 - European Economics. Degree in Tourism - Majorca.
- 20531 - Final Degree Project. Double degree in Economics and Tourism - Majorca.
- 20531 - Final Degree Project. Degree in Tourism - Majorca.
- 20629 - Final Degree Project. Degree in Economics - Majorca.
Thesis advisor during the academic year 2021-22 for the following PHD programmes:
Teaching, 5 previous years
|20490 - End of Degree Project|
|20531 - Final Degree Project|
|20600 - Economic Environment||
|20611 - Economic Structure and Situation|
|20629 - Final Degree Project|
|20654 - European Economics|
|21222 - Final Degree Project||