Dr Karen Lesley Jacob Abad
Karen Jacob received her BA in English Philology from the University of the Balearic Islands in 2006. She received a grant (FPI08) from the Balearic government to complete her docorate studies (Master and PhD) in Language and Applied Linguistics. She was awarded her PhD in 2013. Her main research interests include Innovation in English Language Teaching, CLIL, English for Specific Purposes, and Culture and ELT. She is at present a tenured lecturer in the department of Spanish, Modern and Classic languages at the UIB. She teaches subjects in the English Studies degree and in the Master in Linguistics and Modern Literatures.
|Start Date||End Date||Day||Start Time||End Time||Location|
Subjects taught. Academic Year 2023-24
- 21838 - Acquisition of English as a Foreign Language. Degree in English Studies - Majorca.
- 21805 - English Language III. Degree in English Studies - Majorca.
- 21805 - English Language III. Degree in Catalan Language and Literature - Majorca.
- 21809 - Learning to Teach EFL (English as a Foreign Language). Degree in English Studies - Majorca.
- 11190 - Master's Thesis. Master's Degree in Modern Languages and Literatures.
- 11189 - Monographic seminar on language specialization 2. Master's Degree in Modern Languages and Literatures.
Teaching, 5 previous years
|10704 - Master's Thesis||
|10882 - Complement to the Specialities of English and German 1: the Scientific Content of the Speciality Subject Matter|
|10885 - Specific Didactics: Methodology and Resources for the Teaching and Learning Process in the Field of English and German|
|11189 - Monographic seminar on language specialization 2|
|21805 - English Language III|
|21809 - Learning to Teach EFL (English as a Foreign Language)|
|21822 - Applications of English Linguistics and ICT||
|22031 - Final Degree Project in Early Childhood Education|
|22109 - English Language and Teaching I||
|22117 - English Language and Teaching II|
|22132 - Final Degree Project in Primary Education|
|29906 - English I|
|REsearch Group in Applied Linguistics (REGAL)||Member|