Dr Miquel Pomar Amer
Miquel Pomar-Amer is an assistant lecturer in the University of the Balearic Islands, where he has been teaching English for Specific Purposes since 2015.
He completed his PhD in the University of Manchester with a dissertation that proposes a comparison between a selection of novels and autobiographical works written by British-Pakistani and Catalan-Moroccan authors.
His research interests include the representation of identity in literature, especially in postcolonial contexts of migration and diaspora, and the ethical and political relations between text and context. He has published several articles and book chapters on these topics which are available at https://uib-es.academia.edu/MiquelPomarAmer
He participates in the research groups Modern and Contemporary Anglophone Literatures (UIB), LiCETC (UIB) and MIGRA (University of Santiago de Compostela).
|BA in English Studies, specialised in Contemporary Culture, Universitat de les Illes Balears, 2010.|
|MA in Comparative Literature: Literary and Cultural Studies, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, 2011.|
PhD in Spanish Studies with the dissertation Diasporic Narratives of the Household: A Comparative Study of Writings by Catalan-Moroccan and British-Pakistani Authors (2004-2014), University of Manchester, 2015.
|MA in Teacher Training, UNED, 2016.|
|University expert in English for Specific Purposes, UNED, 2018.|
Office HoursYou need to book a date with the professor in order to attend a tutoring session
Subjects taught. Academic Year 2020-21
- 29920 - English for Executives. Degree in Hotel Management (Aff. Centre Hotel Management of the BI) Majorca.
- 21375 - English for Health and Behavioural Sciences. Degree in Physiotherapy Majorca.
- 20878 - English for Philology and Philosophy. Degree in Philosophy Majorca.
- 20878 - English for Philology and Philosophy. Degree in Catalan Language and Literature Majorca.
- 20878 - English for Philology and Philosophy. Degree in Spanish Language and Literature Majorca.
- 29918 - English III. Degree in Hotel Management (Aff. Centre Hotel Management of the BI) Majorca.
- 21829 - Final Degree Project. Degree in English Studies Majorca.
Teaching, 5 previous years
|20319 - English|
|20395 - English for Engineering||
|20878 - English for Philology and Philosophy|
|21145 - Business English||
|21375 - English for Health and Behavioural Sciences|
|21800 - Comprehension and Interpretation of Academic Texts in the English Language||
|21825 - English Literature III: The Long 18th Century|
|21829 - Final Degree Project|
|Contemporary Anglophone Literatures (LITANGLO)||Member|
|Contemporary literature: theoretical and comparative studies (LiCETC)||Collaborator|