Dr Pere Colet Rafecas
- 971173382 (3382)
- Despatx 210segon pisServeis Cientificotècnics i IUR
Pere Colet got his degree in Physics at Universitat de Barcelona in 1987 and his PhD at Universitat de les Illes Balears in 1991. He was a Fulbright postdoctoral fellow at the School of Physics of the Georgia Institute of Technology. He joined CSIC in 1995 as Tenured Scientist and was promoted to Senior Researcher in june 2005 and since May 2007 he is Research Professor.
His research, of theoretical and interdisciplinary character, can be framed within the context of statistical and nonlinear physics. Using mathematics and methodological tools specific to these areas, he has worked on various topics including effects of fluctuations in nonlinear optical systems, switch-on time in lasers, synchronization of nonlinear oscillators, delay effects on lasers and optoelectronic systems with feedback, encoded communications based on chaotic lasers, coherence in laser arrays, instabilities in extended systems, pattern formation, quantum fluctuations in optical patterns, noise-sustained structures, front dynamics, formation of localized structures, use of dissipative solitons for information processing, generation of high spectral purity microwaves with opto-electronic oscillators, coupled systems with multiple delays, systems with state-dependent delay time and, more recently, the study of human mobility using geolocated data and the socio-technical systems.
He has 111 articles in journals indexed in the first quartil (Q1) of the Journal of Citation Reports (JCR), including one article with more than 500 citations in the Web of Science (WoS) and other four with over 200 citations. The list of publications is available at http://www.researcherid.com/rid/A-2472-2011. According to WoS data as of October 2015, his publications has a total of 4031 citations (3722 excluding self-citations), and are cited in 2551 artícles (excluding self-citations), with an index h=30. Since 2010 he has published 26 articles in jornals JCR Q1, including one Nature Comm. and 6 Phys. Rev. Lett.
According to Goolgle Scholar data, https://scholar.google.es/citations?user=7BDoa9YAAAAJ&hl=en, he has a total of 5634 citations, including one article with more than 800 citations, another with more than 400 and other four with more than 200, with an index h=35 and an index I-10=86. Since 2010 he has 2582 citations with h=24 and I-10=53.
He has advised 4 PhD thesis and is currently advising another two. In the last 10 years he has been responsible of a research project of the Plan Nacional de Tecnologías Electrónica y de las Comunicaciones (Spanish government) and has been a researcher in 7 projects of the European Commission and 5 projects of the Plan Nacional.
Office HoursYou need to book a date with the professor in order to attend a tutoring session
Subjects taught. Academic Year 2023-24
- 21047 - Econophysics. Degree in Physics - Majorca.
- 11939 - Complex Systems Modelling in Economics. Master's Degree in Physics of Complex Systems.
- 11933 - Computational Social Sciences. Master's Degree in Physics of Complex Systems.
- 11444 - Master's Thesis. Master's Degree in Physics of Complex Systems (2012).
- 11444 - Master's Thesis. Master's Degree in Physics of Complex Systems.
- 11925 - Simulation Methods. Master's Degree in Advanced Physics and Applied Mathematics.
- 11925 - Simulation Methods. Master's Degree in Physics of Complex Systems.
- 11002 - Stochastic processes. Master's Degree in Physics of Complex Systems (2012).
- 11002 - Stochastic processes. Master's Degree in Physics of Complex Systems.
- 11306 - Stochastic Simulation Methods. Master's Degree in Physics of Complex Systems (2012).
Teaching, 5 previous years
|11001 - Dynamical Systems and Chaos||
|11002 - Stochastic processes|
|11306 - Stochastic Simulation Methods|
|11444 - Master's Thesis|
|11925 - Simulation Methods|
|11933 - Computational Social Sciences||
|11939 - Complex Systems Modelling in Economics||
|21047 - Econophysics|