Dr José María Carretero Gómez
- 971172023 (2023)
- Despatx DB01 / Visitants Economia de l'EmpresaPlanta baixaGaspar Melchor de Jovellanos
Was born in Madrid (1969). Professor at the Department of Business Economics, University of the Balearic Islands (UIB) since 2003. Ph.D. in Business Economics and Quantitative Methods by University Carlos III of Madrid (UC3M) (2003), extraordinary award. Bacherlor of arts in Economics Sciences, University of Chile (1996).
Teaching experience at undergraduate and graduate levels, UC3M and UIB. Last courses: Human Resource Management (GADE), Strategic and Economic Human Resource Management (GRLA), and Human Resource Management (Master Degree in Industrial Engineering; Master Degree in Big Data Analysis in Economics and Business).
Research assistant, ECLAC (1995-1996). Research visiting fellow, ILR, Cornell University, Ithaca, USA (2000). Fulbright-MEC Visiting Professor, W.P. Carey School of Business, Arizona State University, Tempe, USA (2005-2006).
Specialized researcher in issues of Human Resource Management: evaluation of the economic efficiency of HRM, occupational health and safety, and integrated management systems. Publications: Journal of Safety Research, Safety Science, Journal of Business and Psychology, Management Research, Cuadernos Económicos del ICE, and book chapters.
Since 2001, participates in several competitive research projects at regional and national scope. Was Director of Master Degree in Integrated Management: Quality, Environment and Labor health and Safety. Since 2020 is Dean of the Faculty of Economics and Business.
Forteza, F. J., Carretero- Gómez, J. M., and Sesé, A. (2022). Organizational factors and specific risks on construction sites. Journal of Safety Research, 81, 270-282. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsr.2022.03.004
Swuste, P., Galera, A., Wassenhove, W. van , Carretero-Gómez, J. M., Arezes, P., Kivistö-Rahnasto, J., Forteza, F., Motet, G., Reniers, K., Bergmans, A., Wenham, D. and Broeke, C. van den, (2021). Quality assessment of postgraduate safety education programs, current developments with examples of ten (post)graduate safety courses in Europe. Safety Science, 141 (105338), 1-11. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ssci.2021.105338
Forteza, F. J., Carretero-Gómez, J. M., and Sesé, A., (2020). Safety in the construction industry: accidents and precursors. Revista de la Construcción, 9(2), 271-281. https://doi.org/10.7764/rdlc.19.2.271-281
Forteza, F. J., Carretero-Gómez, J. M., and Sesé, A., (2017). Effects of organizational complexity and resources on construction site risk. Journal of Safety Research, 62, 185-198. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsr.2017.06.015
Forteza, F. J., Carretero-Gómez, J. M., and Sesé, A., (2017). Occupational risks, accidents on sites and economic performance of construction firms. Safety Science, 94, 61-76. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ssci.2017.01.003
Forteza, F. J., Sesé, A. and Carretero-Gómez, J. M., (2016). CONSRAT. Construction sites risk assessment tool. Safety Science, 89, 338-354. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ssci.2016.07.012
Alonso Paulí, E. y Carretero Gómez, J. M., (2013). Sistemas integrados de gestión de calidad y medio ambiente: evidencia empírica en la industria española. Cuadernos Económicos del ICE, 86, 77-106. https://doi.org/10.32796/cice.2013.86.6064
Carretero-Gómez, J. M. and Cabrera, E. F. (2012). An Empirical Evaluation of Training Using Multi-attribute Utility Analysis. Journal of Business and Psychology, 27 (12), 223-241. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10869-011-9241-6
Office HoursYou need to book a date with the professor in order to attend a tutoring session
Subjects taught. Academic Year 2021-22
- 21222 - Final Degree Project. Double Degree in Business Administration and Tourism - Majorca.
- 21218 - Human Resources Management. Double degree in Business Administration and Law - Majorca.
- 21218 - Human Resources Management. Degree in Business Administration - Ibiza.
- 21218 - Human Resources Management. Degree in Business Administration - Minorca.
- 21218 - Human Resources Management. Degree in Business Administration - Majorca.
- 21218 - Human Resources Management. Double degree in Business Administration and Law (2013 syllabus) - Majorca.
- 21218 - Human Resources Management. Double Degree in Business Administration and Tourism - Majorca.
- 22523 - Strategic and Economic Management of Human Resources. Degree in Labour Relations - Majorca.
- 22523 - Strategic and Economic Management of Human Resources. Degree in Labour Relations (2010 syllabus) - Majorca.
- 10128 - Master's Thesis. Master's Degree in Occupational Health (Occupational Risk Prevention).
- 10497 - Prevention, Quality and Environmental Management. Master's Degree in Occupational Health (Occupational Risk Prevention).
Teaching, 5 previous years
|10128 - Master's Thesis|
|10497 - Prevention, Quality and Environmental Management|
|11322 - Human Resource Management|
|11448 - Advanced Management Systems for Excellence and Integration||
|11483 - Master's Thesis||
|11504 - Integrated Management of Quality, Environment and Labour Safety|
|11653 - Management of Human Resources|
|20531 - Final Degree Project|
|21218 - Human Resources Management|
|21222 - Final Degree Project|
|22523 - Strategic and Economic Management of Human Resources||
|22532 - Final Degree Project||
|22546 - Social Liability of Enterprises|
|Research group on Economics of organisations (GREO)||Member|
|Research group on Tourism, Networks and Marketing (TURNETMK)||Collaborator|