Dr Tomás Miguel Sintes Olives
- 971171380 (1380)
- Despatx 207segon pisServeis Cientificotècnics i IUR
He got the academic degree of Doctor in Physics in 1995. In 2008 he became Associate Professor of Condensed Matter Physics at the UIB. He has published more than 50 research papers in journals included in the ISI-Web of Science. He has involved in several competitive research projects founded by the Spanish Government and the EU and has participated in a great number of national and international workshops and conferences. Member of Scientific Committees, referee of severval scientific journals and has actively participated in outreach activities. His research covers the physics of polymer systems and biological macromolecules, out of equilibrium growth models and pattern formation with applications to ecology and biophysics. He has been the advisor of several PhD and postgraduate Master thesis' students. He has taught different subjects in graduate degree programs, such as, statistical physics, optics, mathematical methods for physicists, general physics, etc. and also in the Master in Physics of Complex Systems and the Master in Advanced Physics and Applied Mathematics of the UIB. Currently staff member of the Physics Dept. of the UIB and researcher at the Institute for Cross-Disciplinary Physics and Complex Systems IFISC (UIB-CSIC).
Office HoursYou need to book a date with the professor in order to attend a tutoring session
Subjects taught. Academic Year 2023-24
- 21777 - Physical Foundations of Computers. Degree in Informatics Engineering - Majorca.
- 21709 - Physics. Degree in Informatics Engineering (2014 syllabus) - Majorca.
- 11292 - Cooperative and Critical Phenomena. Master's Degree in Advanced Physics and Applied Mathematics.
- 11292 - Cooperative and Critical Phenomena. Master's Degree in Physics of Complex Systems (2012).
- 11292 - Cooperative and Critical Phenomena. Master's Degree in Physics of Complex Systems.
- 11930 - Statistical Biophysics. Master's Degree in Physics of Complex Systems.
- 11011 - Statistical Physics in Biological Systems. Master's Degree in Physics of Complex Systems (2012).
Teaching, 5 previous years
|11011 - Statistical Physics in Biological Systems|
|11292 - Cooperative and Critical Phenomena||
|11930 - Statistical Biophysics||
|21709 - Physics|
|21777 - Physical Foundations of Computers|