Dr María Luisa Bonet Piña
- 971172734 (2734)
- Despatx Q032Planta baixaMateu Orfila i Rotger (Química)
Dr. M. Luisa Bonet is Full Professor in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, senior researcher at the group of Nutrigenomics and Obesity (NUO) of the UIB, Secretary of the Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Nutrition and Biotechnology (LBNB) of the UIB, and a member of the Spanish research of excellence platform in the field of nutrition and obesity CIBERobn and of IdISBa. She has extensive background in molecular nutrition, nutrigenomics and physiopathology of obesity. Her main topics of research relate to the mechanisms regulating body weight and adiposity in mammals and their control by dietary factors, including the impact of early life nutrition in the programming of obesity and related health outcomes. She has focus particularly in the role of vitamin A and carotenoids in these contexts. She is also interested in the role of cell cycle regulatory proteins in adipocyte biology and the control of energy metabolism. In connection with her research, she has expertise in the relationships between diet and health, risk-benefit analysis of food, and functional foods for obesity.
Office HoursYou need to book a date with the professor in order to attend a tutoring session
Subjects taught. Academic Year 2020-21
- 21511 - Biosynthesis of Macromolecules and their Regulation. Degree in Biochemistry Majorca.
- 10271 - Energy Homeostasis and Functional Foods. Master's Degree in Nutrigenomics and Personalised Nutrition.
- 11264 - Master's Thesis. Master's Degree in Nutrigenomics and Personalised Nutrition.
- 10276 - Nutrigenomics and Personalised Nutrition. Master's Degree in Nutrigenomics and Personalised Nutrition.
- 10280 - Research Seminars in Nutrigenomics. Master's Degree in Nutrigenomics and Personalised Nutrition.
Teaching, 5 previous years
|10271 - Energy Homeostasis and Functional Foods|
|10276 - Nutrigenomics and Personalised Nutrition|
|10280 - Research Seminars in Nutrigenomics|
|21425 - Biological Chemistry|
|21503 - Molecular Biology and Metabolic Control|
|21511 - Biosynthesis of Macromolecules and their Regulation|