Dr Jordi Oliver Oliver
Full Professor of the University of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology at the Universitat de les Illes Balears (UIB) since 2016.
Degree in Sciences from the UIB (1983-88). PhD in Sciences from the UIB (1996).
Currently, he is a member of the multidisciplinary translational oncology research group (GMOT) of the University Institute for Health Sciences Research (IUNICS) and the Balearic Islands Institute for Health Research (IdISba). The research group was created to combine the multidisciplinary training of its members, as it includes doctors in health sciences, medicine, biochemistry, chemistry and biology, and graduates in medicine, biology and biochemistry. The general objective of his research focuses on the study of energy metabolism and mitochondrial function, oxidative stress and the hormonal environment in the development of cancer.
Author of more than 78 scientific articles. Participant in numerous national and international congresses with more than 191 contributions. Researcher in more than 60 research projects or contracts, being principal investigator of 10 of them. He has participated in national and European research networks and is part of the Centre for Biomedical Research in the Physiopathological Network of Obesity and Nutrition (CIBERobn).
Deputy Director of the Department of Fundamental Biology and Health Sciences of the UIB since July 2017. Secretary of the academic commission of the Doctorate program in Translational Research in Public Health and High Prevalence Diseases since 2013.
Office HoursYou need to book a date with the professor in order to attend a tutoring session
Subjects taught. Academic Year 2023-24
- 21520 - Analytical and Clinical Biochemistry. Degree in Biochemistry - Majorca.
- 21502 - Biochemistry Instrumentation Laboratory. Degree in Biochemistry - Majorca.
- 11725 - Final Master's Project. Master's Degree in Food and Human Nutrition.
- 11698 - Molecular and nutritional basics of cancer. Master's Degree in Food and Human Nutrition.
- 11733 - Molecular Basis of Carcinogenesis. Master's Degree in Biomedical Research.
- 11697 - Oxidative stress and ageing. Master's Degree in Food and Human Nutrition.
- 11736 - Oxidative Stress and Aging. Master's Degree in Biomedical Research.
Teaching, 5 previous years
|11697 - Oxidative stress and ageing|
|11698 - Molecular and nutritional basics of cancer|
|11725 - Final Master's Project|
|11733 - Molecular Basis of Carcinogenesis|
|11736 - Oxidative Stress and Aging|
|11741 - Master's Thesis|
|21502 - Biochemistry Instrumentation Laboratory|
|21520 - Analytical and Clinical Biochemistry|
|21524 - Final Degree Project||
|23005 - Biochemistry and Molecular Biology II|
|Multidisciplinary Group of Translational Oncology (GMOT)||Member|