Dr Rafael Jiménez López
Rafael Jiménez is a senior lecturer at the department of Psychology of the University of the Balearic Islands (UIB), and belongs to the area of Methodology of Behavioral Sciences.
Degree in Psychology from the UIB in 1998, with extraordinary prize of degree.
Doctoral degree in Psychology from the UIB in 2003.
Member of the Data Analysis group of the UIB.
Research experience: 33 papers in scientific journals, of which 19 have been published in indexed journals in the Journal Citation Reports (JCR) of the Web of Science (WoS); 1 book and 1 chapter of book; more than 90 congress contributions, of which more than 30 are international; participation in 4 national competitive research projects. The developed research during all these years has focused on the study and the application of methodologies and advanced statistical techniques to obtain knowledge models, in two ways: 1. Applications in the fields of Data Analysis and Data Mining (association rules, clustering, decision trees, artificial neural networks, etc.); 2. Applications in substantive fields of Behavioural Sciences (drugs use and abuse, measurement of attitudes and anxiety toward statistics).
Teaching experience: large teaching career in the area of Methodology of Behavioral, Social and Health Sciences, and specifically Applied Statistics. He teaches degree, master, and doctorate level subjects, such as basic and advanced applied statistics, statistical modeling, data mining modeling, design and implementation of online surveys, evidence-based psychology.
Academic management experience: Vice-Dean and Head of Studies of the Faculty of Psychology at the UIB, from May 2007 to October 2016.
Office HoursYou need to book a date with the professor in order to attend a tutoring session
Subjects taught. Academic Year 2020-21
- 21360 - Evaluation of Psychology Programmes. Degree in Psychology Majorca.
- 21358 - Evidence Based Psychology. Degree in Psychology Majorca.
- 21304 - Foundations of Applied Statistics in Health Sciences. Degree in Psychology Majorca.
- 21310 - Statistics Applied to Psychology. Degree in Psychology Majorca.
- 21361 - Use of Questionnaires and Applied Interviews in Psychology. Degree in Psychology Majorca.
- 10721 - Introduction to Data Mining. Extraction of Hidden Information in Data. Master's Degree in Human Resource Management. Psychological and Pedagogical Intervention.
- 11026 - Master's Thesis. Master's Degree in Human Resource Management. Psychological and Pedagogical Intervention.
Teaching, 5 previous years
|10721 - Introduction to Data Mining. Extraction of Hidden Information in Data|
|11026 - Master's Thesis||
|21304 - Foundations of Applied Statistics in Health Sciences|
|21310 - Statistics Applied to Psychology|
|21358 - Evidence Based Psychology|
|21361 - Use of Questionnaires and Applied Interviews in Psychology|