Master's Degree in Nutrigenomics and Personalised Nutrition
Academic year 2020-21 | 60 credits | 35 places
Check on the "Structure" section in the description to learn about the study programme and how it is organized.
You can find the CVs of the external faculty, in the link:
To be able to obtain the title, the students must consider the following points:
- It is compulsory to be enrolled in all the subjects of module 1 (compulsory).
- The students accepted in profile 2A (the must check their acceptation) must enrol in all the subjects of module 2A.
- The students accepted in profile 2B (the must check their acceptation) must enrol in all the subjects of module 2B.
- The students must also enrol in the compulsory finalization module, which includes the Practicum and the Master’s Thesis.
- The remaining credits (at least 8) can be chosen from the general optional subjects or from the other profile (as optional subjects).
- All the above is necessary to obtain the title, apart from passing a minimum of 60 credits.
- Profile 2A students do the Practicum in a research lab (mainly at the UIB), while profile 2B students do it in a collaborating Enterprise. For students in profile 2B, it must be taken into account that some of the placements will be in the main land (outside of the Balearic Islands), so part of the students (in profile 2B) will have to move, for at least 4 weeks, to another province of the country.
- Metabolic Integration and Personalised Nutrition: strongly recommended for students from Human Nutrition, Medicine, Veterinary Medicine and similar.
- Training of Experimental Work with Animals has limited vacancies (about 4-6 students per academic year).
- It is possible to do a part-time enrolment or to not enrol in all the credits the first year, but with a minimum of credits to be enrolled (the students can consult the normative or contact the administrative services).
- Mandatory module 1: Foundations of nutrigenomics and personalized nutrition
- Elective module 2A: Research in nutrigenomics and personalized nutrition
- Elective module 2B: Research and development in nutrigenomics and functional food
- Elective subjects for any module
- Compulsory finalization module
|10269 - Molecular Nutrition||3,0||Spanish||1st semester|
|10271 - Energy Homeostasis and Functional Foods||3,0||Spanish||1st semester|
|10273 - Design of Experimental Studies and Statistics Applied to Nutrigenomics||3,0||Spanish||1st semester|
|10274 - Financial Resources for R+D in Food Sciences||2,0||Spanish||1st semester|
|11255 - Bioactive and Functional Components of Food||3,0||Spanish||1st semester|
|10275 - Nutrition and Pathology||3,0||Spanish||2nd semester|
|10276 - Nutrigenomics and Personalised Nutrition||5,0||Spanish||2nd semester|
|10277 - Methods and Techniques in Nutrigenomics and Personalised Nutrition||3,0||Spanish||2nd semester|
|10280 - Research Seminars in Nutrigenomics||3,0||Spanish||1st semester|
|10289 - Computational Data Handling in Nutritional Studies||3,0||Spanish||1st semester|
|11256 - Research Techniques in the Laboratory||6,0||Spanish||2nd semester|
|10290 - Food Enterprises and Marketing||3,0||Spanish||1st semester|
|10284 - Functional Foods||3,0||English||2nd semester|
|11257 - Food-related Safety, Efficiency and Regulatory Aspects||4,0||Spanish||2nd semester|
|10285 - Innovation and Development Seminars||2,0||Spanish||Annual|
|10287 - Circadian Control of Energy Intake||2,0||Spanish||1st semester|
|11258 - Metabolic Integration and Personalised Nutrition||3,0||Spanish||1st semester|
|11260 - Technological Aspects of Food Components||3,0||Spanish||1st semester|
|11259 - Biomembranes and Lipids. Nutrition-related Fundamentals.||3,0||Spanish||2nd semester|
|11261 - Bioinformatics||3,0||English||2nd semester|
|11262 - Training for Work in Experimentation on Animals||6,0||Spanish||Annual|