Master's Degree in Linguistic and Literary Competence: Research and Teaching
This master's programme offers advanced training in linguistic and literary studies based on developing linguistic and literary competence across its many facets: literary theory, language learning, inter-literary and inter-linguistic processes, etc. The contents are developed across four areas of interest representing the programme's specialities:
- Advanced Studies in Catalan Language and Literature. This area offers in-depth knowledge on the latest trends and debates in Catalan language and literature.
- General Linguistics. This area focuses on language knowledge and, specifically, on the theories and methods aimed at its scientific study, with particular attention paid to the latest trends in both theoretical and applied general linguistics.
- Literary Theory. This area is geared towards knowledge of literary theories and methods, with a special focus on the theoretical bases to study literary production and consumption.
- Language and Literature Teaching. This area is aimed at students wishing to perfect pedagogical practice in language and literature teaching beyond the knowledge taught on other masters focused more on general didactics and areas.
Students may choose one or two specialities, which shall be reflected in their degree titles.
The master's programme offers a blended methodology, with a combination of attended lectures and different distance learning tools.
By taking this master's programme, students will acquire theoretical and applied knowledge in the development of linguistic and literary skills. It also provides a starting point for research at both a basic and practical application level in areas such as language acquisition, reading promotion, language planning, teaching innovation and managing content linked to Catalan language and literature.
It is an excellent way for professionals to refresh their in these areas, as well as providing an in-depth specialised field for graduates in languages and literature, early childhood and primary education and other humanities fields.
The modular structure encourages different training pathways to be assembled which, by combining specialisations and electives, enables skills to be more focused on studying language or literature, geared either towards theory and research, or more applied practical professional learning, and specifically teaching.
Graduates may begin their research and academic career, as well as enhance their professional qualifications and career.
More specifically, taking this master's programme enables students to:
- Access a PhD programme
- Join research teams in language, literary and cultural studies
- Work in Catalan language consultancy
- Focus on publishing management and text editing
- Design reading outreach activities
- Work as a specialist in Catalan language and literature education
- Design teaching materials for learning languages and literature.
Legislation requires that official Spanish degree programmes receive a positive assessment from the National Agency for Quality Assessment and Accreditation (ANECA, by its Spanish acronym). This process is known as verification, and it serves to ensure that education programmes are properly designed to provide the competencies and reach the learning goals around which the programmes are built. In the results you can find reports on official study programmes.
The European Higher Education Area requires that there be a system in place to ensure the quality of degree programmes .
The Master's programme is subject to constant assessment and improvement processes that guarantee that it maintains a certain level of prestige and renown in Europe. You can see the results of the assessment processes in the section on quality .
* Additional information about price