Degree in English Studies
240 credits - Faculty of Philosophy and Arts
Minimum number of credits to be taken in the first year
- 48 first-year subject credits for full-time students.
- 24 credits for part-time students.
- After the first year of registration, there is no minimum number of credits to take.
Public tuition prices per credit . Academic Year 2019-20
- 1st registration : 13,53¤
- 2nd registration : 30,05¤
- 3rd registration : 65,06¤
- 4th registration : 90,15¤
- The skill to obtain and manage information that enables lifelong learning.
- The ability to learn and work independently and as part of a team.
- The ability to interpret, analyse, synthesise and assess information critically.
- The ability to link and incorporate ideas and knowledge from different sources and disciplines, and apply them to practice.
- The ability to develop the necessary interpersonal skills and strategies for professional practice.
- The skill to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, in at least one of the official languages of the Balearic Islands.
- The ability to respect and value linguistic and cultural diversity, strengthening equal opportunities in the professional sphere.
- The ability to pass on disciplinary knowledge, produce and support arguments, and set out problems and solutions to a specialised and general audience.
- The ability to adapt to different professional contexts, in line with the legal framework and ethical principles of professional practice.
- The ability to generate new ideas (creativity) and to design and manage projects.
- The ability to take decisions and solve professional in a professional setting.
- The ability for self-criticism that enables a focus on quality and continuous improvement.
- The ability to fluently communicate in English, both orally and in writing, with the suitable level and complexity for any context or situation.
- Knowledge of different levels of analysis and usages of the English linguistic system to understand the links between form and meaning, on the one hand, and meaning and context, on the other.
- Knowledge and comprehension of the main cultural and literary tracts that define the English-speaking world.
- The ability to analyse English texts from a linguistic, literary and cultural standpoint.
- Knowledge and comprehension of the main contributions made from discipline related to English Studies (linguistics, applied linguistics, literary studies, cultural studies).
- Knowledge of teaching practice for English language, culture and literature.
- The ability to translate different types of text.
- The ability to interpret and produce academic documents or technical reports in the discipline.
- The ability to carry out linguistic and stylistic advice and proofing tasks.
- The ability to located and use information related to the discipline in databases and internet resources, as well as use specific computer applications in the field of study.
- Knowledge of a second foreign language, its culture and literature.