PhD in Marine Ecology
- CB11 - Systematic comprehension of a field of study and mastery of research skills and methods related to this field
- CB12 - The ability to devise, design or create, implement and adopt a substantial research or invention process
- CB13 - The ability to contribute to widening the frontiers of knowledge through original research
- CB14 - The ability to perform a critical analysis, assessment and synthesis of new and complex ideas
- CB15 - The ability to communicate with the academic and scientific community, as well as with society as a whole, about their areas of knowledge in the methods and languages commonly used within the international scientific community
- CB16 - The ability to promote scientific, technological, social, artistic or cultural advancement in academic and professional settings within the knowledge-based society.
Personal Skills and Abilities
- CA01 - Work in contexts where there is little specific information
- CA02 - Uncover key questions that need to be answered in order to resolve a complex problem
- CA03 - Design, create, develop and undertake new and innovative projects in their area of knowledge
- CA04 - Work in a team and independently in an international or multidisciplinary setting
- CA05 - Incorporate knowledge, handle complexity and provide opinions with limited information
- CA06 - Intellectual criticism and defence of solutions.
The academic committee of the Doctoral Programme will assign a tutor to the applicant (once he or she is admitted). The tutor will be a doctor with accredited research experience and involved in the doctoral programme. Within six months from the first enrolment, the academic committee of the doctorate will assign to every student a thesis supervisor, which may or may not be the same as the tutor.
The direction and supervision of training activities and the doctoral thesis conform the
"Procedures for doctorates of UIB (RD99/2011)"
- The Code of Good Practice:
- and principles emanating from the Charter of Thesis - University of the Balearic Islands.:
- (http://edoctorat.uib.cat/digitalAssets/293/293664_Thesis_Agreement_letter_en.pdf) .
- (Abridged version to deliver duly completed and signed: http://edoctorat.uib.cat/digitalAssets/286/286053_Carta_de_tesi_per_signar_es.pdf)