Dr Katarzyna Beata Paszkiewicz
Katarzyna Paszkiewicz is Lecturer in English Studies at the Universitat de les Illes Balears. Her primary research is in Film Studies, Cultural Studies and Gender Studies, with an emphasis on film genres and women’s cinema in the USA. She has co-edited, with Mary Harrod, Women Do Genre in Film and Television (Routledge, 2017) and published her monograph Genre, Authorship and Contemporary Women Filmmakers (Edinburgh University Press, 2018). Currently she is PI on the research project “Cinema and Environment: Affective Ecologies in the Anthropocene” (PID2019-110068GA-I00), funded by the Spanish Ministry of Science, Innovation and Universities.
Office HoursYou need to book a date with the professor in order to attend a tutoring session
Subjects taught. Academic Year 2021-22
- 21808 - English Literature I: 20th Century Voices. Degree in English Studies - Majorca.
- 21808 - English Literature I: 20th Century Voices. Degree in Catalan Language and Literature - Majorca.
- 21817 - English Literature II: Romantics and Victorians. Degree in English Studies - Majorca.
- 21817 - English Literature II: Romantics and Victorians. Degree in Catalan Language and Literature - Majorca.
- 21829 - Final Degree Project. Degree in English Studies - Majorca.
- 11140 - Research techniques in literary and cultural studies. Master's Degree in Modern Languages and Literatures.
Teaching, 5 previous years
|11140 - Research techniques in literary and cultural studies||
|11151 - Modern and contemporary British literature: analysis and critical reviews||
|20395 - English for Engineering|
|21146 - English for Science||
|21800 - Comprehension and Interpretation of Academic Texts in English|
|21808 - English Literature I: 20th Century Voices|
|21829 - Final Degree Project|
|21842 - British Cultural Studies: A Practical Approach|
|21976 - English for Education and Social Work|
|22168 - Benchmark practicals: Foreign Language (English)|
|British and comparative cultural studies: identities and representation (BRICCS)||Member|
|Contemporary Anglophone Literatures (LITANGLO)||Member|