Dr Adrià Muntaner Mas
Dr. Adrià Muntaner Mas (Palma, 1988) is a Senior Lecturer of the Department of Pedagogy and Specific Didactics at the University of the Balearic Islands (UIB) since the 2013-2014 academic year. He holds a Bachelor in Physical Education Teaching (2010) and a Bachelor of Science in Physical Activity and Sports (2012). He became a Philosophiæ doctor (2016) in Education Sciences with the thesis entitled: The prescription of physical exercise via mobile applications and its impact on health in elderly people.
His research focuses on the study of the effects of physical exercise/physical activity on physical and brain health, mostly in the school-age population. He has published more than 30 national and international scientific articles and has participated in more than 20 research projects. He did four research stays for a total of one year and two months, three of them were at the national level and one at the international level, in Melbourne (Australia). He has disseminated the results of his research in more than 50 conferences. He is a member of two research groups (GICAFE and PROFITH) and is a member of the BATLAB research laboratory. He has carried out journal management duties as an associate editor and has done more than 20 peer-reviews of scientific articles.
Regarding teaching, he accumulates experience of more than 7 years of university teaching, with more than 1,200 hours at different levels. He has made three teaching stays, one of them through the Erasmus Teaching program at the University of Orebro (Sweden). He has participated in 11 teaching innovation projects, and in 5 of them, he has been a principal investigator. He has elaborated more than 15 teaching materials and has more than 20 evaluations of his teaching work rated as favorable or very favorable. He currently has a recognized six-year research period, two teaching three-year periods, and one teaching five-year period.
Concerning university management, he has been the coordinator of some studies taught at the UIB. Since 2018 he is the coordinator of the curricular practices of the Degree of Primary Education. Also, he is the coordinator of the Physical Education and Healthy Habits subject taught in the Primary Education Degree.
On a personal level, he is a professional open to dialogue on scientific ideas, enthusiastic about university policy management, and defines himself as a promotor of an active and healthy lifestyle.
|Diplomat en Magisteri d'Educació Física (2010) per la Universitat de les Illes Balears|
|Llicenciat en Ciències de l'Activitat Física i l'Esport (2012) per l'Institut Nacional d'Educació Física de Catalunya (INEFC)|
|Postgraduat en Màster de Nutrició Humana i Qualitat dels Aliments (2013) per la Universitat de les Illes Balears|
|Doctorat en Educació (2016) per la Universitat de les Illes Balears|
|Postgraduat en Màster en Formació del Profesorat (2017) per la Universitat de les Illes Balears|
|Postgraduat en Màster Interuniversitari en Metodologia de les Ciències del Comportament i de la Salut (2020-Cursant) per la Universitat Nacional a Distància|
|2016-2017||Coordinador de l'Expert Universitari en Activitats Físiques i Recreatives per a Gent Gran. Títol propi de la UIB (15 ECTS).|
|2018-Actualitat||Coordinador del Pràcticum I, II i de Menció dels estudis en Educació Primària de la Universitat de les Illes Balears.|
Office HoursYou need to book a date with the professor in order to attend a tutoring session
Subjects taught. Academic Year 2020-21
- 22168 - Benchmark practicals: Foreign Language (English). Degree in Primary Education Majorca.
- 22167 - Benchmark practicals: Musical and Artistic Education. Degree in Primary Education Majorca.
- 22166 - Benchmark practicals: Physical Education. Degree in Primary Education Majorca.
- 22132 - Final Degree Project. Degree in Primary Education Majorca.
- 22121 - Physical Education and Healthy Habits. Degree in Primary Education Ibiza.
- 22121 - Physical Education and Healthy Habits. Degree in Primary Education Minorca.
- 22121 - Physical Education and Healthy Habits. Degree in Primary Education Majorca.
- 22126 - Practical Classes I. Degree in Primary Education Majorca.
- 22129 - Practical Classes II. Degree in Primary Education Majorca.
- 22169 - Practicals. Degree in Primary Education Majorca.
- 11049 - Master's Thesis. Master's Degree in Socieducational Intervention with Children, Adolescents and Families.
- 11046 - Physical Activity, Health and the Family. Master's Degree in Socieducational Intervention with Children, Adolescents and Families.
- 10901 - Physical Activity and Sport as a Socialising Strategy for Parents and Children. Master's Degree in Social and Educational Intervention with Minors and Families.
Teaching, 5 previous years
|11046 - Physical Activity, Health and the Family||
|22121 - Physical Education and Healthy Habits|
|22126 - Practical Classes I|
|22129 - Practical Classes II|
|22132 - Final Degree Project|
|22151 - Physical Education, Leisure and Recreation|
|22163 - Benchmark practicals: Educational Support|
|22164 - Benchmark practicals: Hearing and Language|
|22166 - Benchmark practicals: Physical Education|
|22167 - Benchmark practicals: Musical and Artistic Education|
|22168 - Benchmark practicals: Foreign Language (English)||
|22169 - Practicals|
|Physical activity and sport sciences (GICAFE)||Member|
Ejercicio en la prevención y tratamiento de la obesidad y resistencia a la insulina: Análisis inteligentes-Intervenciones inteligentes. Proyecto SmartMove (DEP 2016-79512-R)
|Ministerio de Economía, Industria y Competitividad||2016-2020|
Comorbid conditions of attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (COCA). Grant agreement number 667302
|European unions horizon 2020 research and innovation programme||2016-2021|
Efectos de una intervención multicomponente de educación postural en escolares de educación primaria (RTI2018-101023-A-I00)
|Ministerio de Ciencia e Innovación||2019-2022|