Master's Degree in Marine Ecology
Academic year 2022-23
You can also consult this information for the academic year 2021-22.
|Branch of Knowledge||Science|
|Study programme leadership||Dra. Nona Sheila Agawin Romualdo|
|The centre's academic calendar||https://estudis.uib.es/es/estudis-de-master/Estudiar-a-la-UIB/Calendari-academic/|
|Price||Public price per credit 29,22¤
Total cost: 1.818,80 ¤ (*)(**)
(*) Price applicable to citizens of member states of the European Union and Spanish
(**) Additional information about price
It is recommended that students wishing to participate in this master's programme hold a degree in the sciences, specifically, in biology or marine sciences, or a related engineering degree.
The programme provides participants with a complete, multidisciplinary, and up-to-date education covering the basic, advanced, methodological, and applied knowledge that exists in the field of marine ecology. The master's programme has the following key focuses:
- To provide a multidisciplinary education that gives students an in-depth understanding of the inner workings of each of the different kinds of marine ecosystems and their biological characteristics, the usage of the coastline, specific impacts, global changes to which such ecosystems are subjected, and how to manage living resources.
- To provide an advanced education that allows students to apply their knowledge to solving ecological problems in various contexts (research centres, public administrations, businesses, etc.) and contribute their knowledge in multidisciplinary contexts.
- To study real cases and solve real problems related to each case via a project carried out at various research centres, universities (beyond the UIB), and institutions, such as:
- The Oceanography Centres in the Baleares, Santander, and Murcia,
- The Institute of Marine Sciences in Barcelona (CSIC),
- The Mediterranean Institute for Advanced Studies (CSIC),
- The Balearic Islands Coastal Observing and Forecasting System,
- The Cavanilles Institute of Biodiversity and Evolutionary Biology at the University of Valencia,
- The University of Girona,
- The University of Malaga,
- LIMIA (Balearic Government),
- Cabrera National Park, and
- The government of Ibiza (Consell Insular d'Eivissa).