Degree in Psychology
The goal of the degree in psychology is to train versitale and competent professionals, as well as to prepare students for postgraduate programmes whether in the clinical and health fields, or in fileds related to education, occupation and organisations, or social intervention.
The main objective of the degree programme in psychology is to train professionals with the basic scientific knowledge necessary to understand, interpret, analyse, and explain human behaviour, and the basic skills and abilities needed to evaluate and intervene in the on the social and individual level throughout the different stages of life in order to promote and improve health and the quality of life.
Psychology has very broad potential professional pathways since, thanks to its knowledge basis of human behaviour, its involvement is demanded in many social and business areas. Here are some of the most common pathways, based on the professional profiles set out by the Spanish Psychological Association (COP):
- Clinical and health psychology
- Educational psychology
- Industrial and organisational psychology
- Legal psychology
- Physical activity and sports psychology
- Psychology and social intervention
- Psychology in drug addiction
- Traffic and safety psychology
The UIB offers students the chance to take part in different exchange and mobility programmes:
- Exchange and mobility programmes : to complete part of your studies at another university in Spain, the European Union, and around the world, or to get work experience at businesses in the European Union, managed by the International Relations Service .
- Volunteer work experience and projects with university development cooperation programmes in least developed countries, run through the development cooperation programmes managed by the Cooperation for Development and Solidarity Office .
High-quality official study
Legislation requires that official Spanish Degrees receive positive evaluations by the National Agency for Quality Assessment and Accreditation (ANECA). This process is called verification, and it serves to ensure that the development programme in which you will participate will provide the skills and learning results that it is supposed to.
The European Higher Education Area requires that a system be in place to ensure the quality of degree programmes.
Bachelor's programmes are subject to assessment and are continuously improved upon in order to guarantee their prestige and recognition within Europe. You can see the results of the assessments at results section.