Degree in Primary Education (2009)
The main objective of this study programme is to train future teachers who will work in the primary schooling system.
Students will acquire interdisciplinary competences that include fundamental, personal, interpersonal, and systematic abilities. They will learn psycho-socio-pedagogical skills related to the learning and development of personality, educational processes and contexts, society, family, and school. Students will be taught teaching disciplines, and they will acquire the ability to understand, speak, and write in English.
- The Degree in Primary Education certifies graduates to work as primary school teachers.
- The degree enables access to the speciality of Educational Guidance and Counselling if students have taken the University Masters in Teaching Training.
- Other academic pathways from the selection of current postgraduate courses and PhD programmes are open to graduates.
The UIB offers students the chance to take part in different exchange and mobility programmes:
- Exchange and mobility programmes : to complete part of your studies at another university in Spain, the European Union, and around the world, or to get work experience at businesses in the European Union, managed by the International Relations Service .
- Volunteer work experience and projects with university development cooperation programmes in least developed countries, run through the development cooperation programmes managed by the Cooperation for Development and Solidarity Office (OCDS).
High-quality official study
Legislation requires that official Spanish Degrees receive positive evaluations by the National Agency for Quality Assessment and Accreditation (ANECA). This process is called verification, and it serves to ensure that the development programme in which you will participate will provide the skills and learning results that it is supposed to.
The European Higher Education Area requires that a system be in place to ensure the quality of degree programmes.
Bachelor's programmes are subject to assessment and are continuously improved upon in order to guarantee their prestige and recognition within Europe. You can see the results of the assessments at results section.