Degree in History
The main objective of this programme is to analyse the behaviour of human societies throughout history and during each of the scientifically established eras. This analysis will be carried out from a multicausal point of view and will consider different types of events (political, economic, cultural, etc.).
This goal of this study programme is not only to teach students about the historical evolution of societies, but also about the different historiographical attention that has been given to different time periods or historic events that will be studied. Students will also be introduced to appropriate, bachelor-level research work.
- Teaching History at secondary and university level.
- Cultural management at public and private organisations.
- Working in archives, libraries and documentation centres.
- Working in the publishing world.
- Working in the media.
The UIB offers students the chance to take part in different exchange and mobility programmes:
- Exchange and mobility programmes : to complete part of your studies at another university in Spain, the European Union, and around the world, or to get work experience at businesses in the European Union, managed by the International Relations Service . Get in touch with your study programme's exchange coordinator .
- Volunteer work experience and projects with university development cooperation programmes in less developed countries, run through the development cooperation programmes managed by the Cooperation for Development and Solidarity Office .
High-quality official study
Legislation requires that official Spanish Degrees receive positive evaluations by the National Agency for Quality Assessment and Accreditation (ANECA). This process is called verification, and it serves to ensure that the development programme in which you will participate will provide the skills and learning results that it is supposed to.
The European Higher Education Area requires that a system be in place to ensure the quality of degree programmes.
Bachelor's programmes are subject to assessment and are continuously improved upon in order to guarantee their prestige and recognition within Europe. You can see the results of the assessments at results section.