Degree in Physics
The Degree in Physics offers general training in this core discipline of science and technology. The goals of the program are to: discover physical phenomena, as well as important theories and physical laws; master mathematical methods; apply known solutions to new problems; and enable students to carry out laboratory experiments.
In this degree programme, students will acquire the abilities to describe the physical world using mathematics, critically analyse the results of a calculation based on a physical model, and draw conclusions based on observations and experiments. Students can find a more detailed explanation of the skills that will be learned in this programme on this website.
- Public institutions and centres
- State and regional research centres and institutes
- International research centres
Research or management for businesses:
- Metrology and calibration
- Developing new manufacturing systems
- Energy production
- Quality control for materials
- Control of medical radiation instruments
- Secondary education
The UIB offers students the chance to take part in different exchange and mobility programmes:
- Exchange and mobility programmes : to complete part of your studies at another university in Spain, the European Union, and around the world, or to get work experience at businesses in the European Union, managed by the International Relations Service .
- Volunteer work experience and projects with university development cooperation programmes in least developed countries, run through the development cooperation programmes managed by the Cooperation for Development and Solidarity Office (OCDS).
High-quality official study
Legislation requires that official Spanish Degrees receive positive evaluations by the National Agency for Quality Assessment and Accreditation (ANECA). This process is called verification, and it serves to ensure that the development programme in which you will participate will provide the skills and learning results that it is supposed to.
The European Higher Education Area requires that a system be in place to ensure the quality of degree programmes.
Bachelor's programmes are subject to assessment and are continuously improved upon in order to guarantee their prestige and recognition within Europe. You can see the results of the assessments at results section.