Degree in Spanish Language and Literature
The main objective of the degree in Spanish language and literature is to train professionals with extensive knowledge of the Spanish language and literature in Spanish so that they can continue their education on their own and be prepared to enter the constantly changing professional and social world.
This degree programme is designed to provide students with a mastery of the Spanish language as well as the theoretical and practical knowledge necessary to describe Spanish in its different variants and to critically study, analyse, and discuss literature in the Spanish language.
- Spanish language and literature teaching at secondary and higher education level, and at overseas centres.
- Working in publishing (translation, proofing and editing texts, editorial production, literary promotion and management, literary consulting).
- Working at archives, libraries and documentation centres.
- Written and visual media (production, copy, linguistic consulting and marketing).
- Linguistic planning and cultural management.
The UIB offers students the chance to take part in different exchange and mobility programmes:
- Exchange and mobility programmes : to complete part of your studies at another university in Spain, the European Union, and around the world, or to get work experience at businesses in the European Union, managed by the International Relations Service .
- Volunteer work experience and projects with university development cooperation programmes in least developed countries, run through the development cooperation programmes managed by the Cooperation for Development and Solidarity Office .
High-quality official study
Legislation requires that official Spanish Degrees receive positive evaluations by the National Agency for Quality Assessment and Accreditation (ANECA). This process is called verification, and it serves to ensure that the development programme in which you will participate will provide the skills and learning results that it is supposed to.
The European Higher Education Area requires that a system be in place to ensure the quality of degree programmes.
Bachelor's programmes are subject to assessment and are continuously improved upon in order to guarantee their prestige and recognition within Europe. You can see the results of the assessments at results section.