Degree in Tourism
The Degree in Tourism aims to provide students with specific training in managing businesses and institutions that are part of the most important economic sector in the Balearic Islands: tourism. The training received by students combines both theoretical and practical elements, with a structure characterised mainly by a multi-disciplinary nature combining :
- Main core training in tourism business management (business management systems for tourism enterprises, marketing techniques, quality management, strategic positioning, accounting, etc.) and the economics of tourism (measuring and assessing the economic impact of tourism, assessing the environmental impact of tourism, etc.).
- Language training (English, French and/or German) specifically applied to the tourism sector: specific vocabulary for tourism businesses, presentation techniques, common expressions, etc.
- Training in tourism law (analysing the specific legal framework of the tourism sector), the geography of tourism (land resource planning and management) and cultural heritage management.
- The practical application of knowledge acquired on the degree programme through work experience at a renowned tourism business or institution, both on the islands and overseas, lasting around 4-5 months .
- The Final Degree Project, which is the last stage of the Degree in Tourism, where students will use the knowledge they have acquired throughout the degree programme .
|Core Training||Mandatory||Elective Subjects||External Practicum||Final Degree Project||Total|
Students are offered the chance to attain the International Pathway in English accreditation certificate if they fulfil the following requirements:
- Passing a minimum of 30 credits for subjects taught in English (without taking into account English language classes).
Meeting at least one of the following criteria:
- A one-year stay at a university overseas studying in a foreign language and passing 48 credits.
- A one-semester stay at an overseas university studying in a foreign language and passing 24 credits, as well as passing a further 24 credits in subjects taught in English on the degree course.
- Doing their Practicum with an intensive use of a foreign language (18 credits) or taking an additional 18 credits in a degree course taught in English.
- Writing their Final Degree Project in English.
In any event, the number of credits and subjects taken in English and whether the student followed the Pathway will be shown on the European Diploma Supplement, as well as any stays overseas.
< More information >
|20400 - Basic Notions of Law||Basic training||6,0||Spanish||First semester|
|20500 - Introduction to Tourism||Basic training||6,0||Spanish, English||First semester|
|20600 - Economic Environment||Basic training||6,0||Spanish||First semester|
|20602 - Introduction to Markets and Financial Operations||Basic training||6,0||Spanish||First semester|
|21100 - Geography of Tourism||Basic training||6,0||Catalan, Spanish, English||First semester|
|20501 - Territorial Resources||Basic training||6,0||Catalan, Spanish||Second semester|
|20502 - English I||Basic training||6,0||English||Second semester|
|20503 - Cultural Heritage Management||Basic training||6,0||Catalan, Spanish||Second semester|
|20504 - Public Law in Tourism||Basic training||6,0||Spanish, English||Second semester|
|20510 - Quantitative Analysis of Tourist Activity||Compulsory||6,0||Catalan||Second semester|
|20607 - Introduction to Business||Basic training||6,0||Spanish, English||Second semester|
|20505 - Organisational Design and Human Resources||Compulsory||6,0||Spanish, English||First semester|
|20506 - English II||Compulsory||6,0||English||First semester|
|20509 - Tourism Marketing I||Compulsory||6,0||Spanish, English||First semester|
|20511 - Financial Accounting I||Compulsory||6,0||Spanish, English||First semester|
|20515 - Tourism Operations Management||Compulsory||6,0||Spanish, English||First semester|
|20512 - Financial Accounting II||Compulsory||6,0||Catalan, Spanish||Second semester|
|20513 - Microeconomic Analysis of Tourism||Compulsory||6,0||Spanish, English||Second semester|
|20514 - Tourism Industry Contracts||Compulsory||6,0||Spanish, English||Second semester|
|20516 - Corporate Finance||Compulsory||6,0||Spanish||Second semester|
|20507 - French I||Compulsory||6,0||French||First semester|
|20508 - German I||Compulsory||6,0||German||First semester|
|20517 - Tourism Intermediaries||Compulsory||6,0||English||First semester|
|20518 - English III||Compulsory||6,0||English||First semester|
|20519 - Tourism Marketing II||Compulsory||6,0||Spanish, English||First semester|
|20526 - Taxation System||Compulsory||6,0||Spanish||First semester|
|20520 - Macroeconomic Analysis of Tourism||Compulsory||6,0||Spanish, English||Second semester|
|20521 - Environmental Economics in Tourist Areas||Compulsory||6,0||Catalan, English||Second semester|
|20522 - Strategic Management||Compulsory||6,0||Spanish, English||Second semester|
|20523 - French II||Compulsory||6,0||French||Second semester|
|20524 - German II||Compulsory||6,0||German||Second semester|
|20525 - Quality Management and Customer Service||Compulsory||6,0||Spanish||Second semester|
|20527 - French III||Compulsory||6,0||French||First semester|
|20528 - German III||Compulsory||6,0||German||First semester|
|20529 - Internship I||Work Experience||9,0||Catalan||Second semester|
|20530 - Internship II||Work Experience||9,0||Catalan||Second semester|
|20531 - Final Degree Project||Final Assignment||6,0||Spanish||Second semester|
|20537 - Balance Analysis and Management Control||Optional||6,0||English||First semester|
|20538 - Sustainable Tourism||Optional||6,0||Spanish||First semester|
|20543 - Economic Context and International Conditioning||Optional||6,0||Spanish||First semester|
|20654 - European Economics||Optional||6,0||Spanish||First semester|
|20657 - Progress of Spain in International Order||Optional||6,0||Spanish||First semester|
|21141 - Planning and Assessment of Tourist Spaces||Optional||6,0||Catalan||First semester|
|21143 - Local Development Strategies||Optional||6,0||Catalan||First semester|
|21239 - Innovation Management||Optional||6,0||Spanish||First semester|
|21242 - International Business||Optional||6,0||Catalan||First semester|
|21243 - Social Responsibility and Business Ethics||Optional||6,0||Catalan||First semester|
|21246 - E-Marketing||Optional||3,0||Catalan||First semester|
|20214 - History of the Current World||Optional||6,0||Catalan||Second semester|
|20533 - English IV||Optional||6,0||English||Second semester|
|20534 - Financial Management of a Tourist Enterprise||Optional||6,0||Spanish||Second semester|
|20535 - Lodging Management||Optional||6,0||English||Second semester|
|20541 - Cultural and Natural Itineraries||Optional||6,0||Catalan||Second semester|
|20542 - Air Transport Economics||Optional||6,0||English||Second semester|
|20642 - Education and Labour Market||Optional||6,0||Spanish||Second semester|
|21135 - Transport Planning||Optional||6,0||Catalan||Second semester|
|21139 - Management and Planning of Natural Spaces||Optional||6,0||Catalan||Second semester|
|21140 - Great Natural Regions of the World||Optional||6,0||Catalan||Second semester|
|21235 - Entrepreneurship||Optional||6,0||Spanish||Second semester|
|21240 - Family Business||Optional||6,0||Catalan||Second semester|
|21241 - Management Skills||Optional||6,0||English||Second semester|
|20449 - Protection of Rights and Freedom||Optional||6,0|
|20532 - Legal Protection of Tourists||Optional||6,0|
|20536 - Food and Drink Management||Optional||6,0|
|20539 - Evaluation of Projects||Optional||6,0|
|20540 - Marketing of Tourist Destinations||Optional||6,0|
|20544 - Regional Economy||Optional||6,0|
|20545 - Responsible Tourism||Optional||6,0|
|20546 - International Tourism Law||Optional||6,0|
|21144 - Ecological History of Economics||Optional||6,0|
|21236 - Labour Law||Optional||6,0|
|21247 - Promotional Tourism Management||Optional||6,0|
|21250 - Information Technology Management||Optional||6,0|