Degree in Food and Agriculture Engineering and the Rural Environment
The degree in Food and Agriculture Engineering and the Rural Environment leads students towards obtaining approval to practice as an agricultural technical engineer.
Some of the more important competences that students will acquire in this programme include: knowledge of all basic and applied areas necessary for practicing agricultural engineering; the ability to draft and study projects related to gardening, landscaping, and agriculture; management skills for directing such projects; and the ability to manage and run companies in this sector.
- Technical Agricultural Engineer, in accordance with the regulations on professional functions, as an independent professional or at larger offices or corporations: drafting projects, undertaking expert studies, valuations, worksite supervision, case management...
- Management or technical management at businesses in the food and agriculture or landscaping sector
- Entrepreneur in the food and agriculture or landscpaing sector
- Civil service: national or regional public administrations and companies
- Core or applied research at public institutions and private companies
The UIB offers students the chance to take part in different exchange and mobility programmes:
- Exchange and mobility programmes : to complete part of your studies at another university in Spain, the European Union, and around the world, or to get work experience at businesses in the European Union, managed by the International Relations Service .
- Volunteer work experience and projects with university development cooperation programmes in least developed countries, run through the development cooperation programmes managed by the Cooperation for Development and Solidarity Office .
High-quality official study
Legislation requires that official Spanish Degrees receive positive evaluations by the National Agency for Quality Assessment and Accreditation (ANECA). This process is called verification, and it serves to ensure that the development programme in which you will participate will provide the skills and learning results that it is supposed to.
The European Higher Education Area requires that a system be in place to ensure the quality of degree programmes.
Bachelor's programmes are subject to assessment and are continuously improved upon in order to guarantee their prestige and recognition within Europe. You can see the results of the assessments at results section.