Stays for the purpose of doctoral research and end-of-master projects

Students studying for a PhD or Master’s degree at universities or higher education centres abroad who would like to stay at the UIB to conduct directed research for their doctoral thesis/practicum/or Master’s thesis or project should contact the Centre for Postgraduate Studies (CEP in Spanish) by sending an e-mail to, supplying the following information in their message:

  • the student’s name and surname
  • home institution
  • course they are studying
  • contact e-mail address
  • period of the proposed stay and field of study
  • passport or ID card copy

They must attach to this message a (digitalized) letter of recommendation from the supervisor of their PhD thesis or Master’s thesis or project.

The CEP will forward the student’s application to the director of the corresponding PhD programme or Master’s degree for its consideration and the allocation of a tutor, if applicable. If the application is accepted, it does not imply any obligation on the UIB’s part with regard to funding.

Students who have been accepted will receive an e-mail message from the International Relations Office (SRI in Spanish) confirming their stay at the UIB for the purposes of research, a practicum or end-of-Master project. After receiving this message, they must follow this online application procedure. (English/Spanish/Catalan)

On-line application (open)