ERASMUS+ Partner Countries KA107-Incoming Students
Students from partners universities in Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Morocco or Tunisia, may undertake part of their university studies at the University of the Balearic Islands through ERASMUS+ Partner Countries KA107.
The duration of the mobilities is variable and depends on the level of study and the availability of places (see Annex I. List of places by country and study programme).
To apply for a mobility within ERASMUS+ Partner Countries KA107 you have to fill in an on line application form and send the required documents by email.
To apply to a mobility within ERASMUS+ Partner countries KA107 you have to fulfil the following requirements:
- To be registered in their home university during the academic year when the application form is submitted and during the mobility.
- Undergraduate students have to be registered, at least, in the second year of their degree.
- Applicants are required to submit an official certificate of English or Spanish equivalent to a B2 level. The knowledge of other languages will be assessed by providing an official certification.
- The length of stay at the University of the Balearic Islands will be that which is established in Annex I.
- Students who have previously participated in an ERASMUS+ mobility programme, may request another exchange as long as the two stays do not exceed 12 months per cycle of study (undergraduate, Master’s, and doctorate).
The ERASMUS+ KA107 grant from the EU is meant to cover some of participants’ travel and living expenses.
- Travel: assistance with the cost of travelling is based on the distance between the UIB and the home university in the partner country. Amount of assistance: 275€ per participant. Distance calculator.
- Cost of living: 800€ per month of the stay.
Students must take the following steps
- Meet the requirements mentioned previously.
- Review the list of universities in Annex I and the study programmes offered.
- 3rd. Fill out the Erasmus+ Partner Countries KA107 programme-2017 application for students from partners countries to UIB. Up to two universities may be chosen in order of preference.
Once the application has been completed, applicants must send the following documentation* to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A complete copy of their passport.
- Their academic transcript in English.
- An official certificate recognizing the language abilities required by the host University.
- A learning agreement with the proposal of subjects to be taken at the University of the Balearic Islands with a seal of approval from both institutions (only for undergraduate and Master’s students).
- A proposed work plan covering what will be done at the University of the Balearic Islands and a brief CV that includes research work and publications that have been carried out. This document should have a seal of approval from both institutions (only for doctoral students).
- Copy of Bachelor’s Degree or master’s registration at the home University (only for Master’s Students).
- Copy of Master’s Degree or PhD’s registration at the home University (only for doctoral students).
- Applicant’s CV explaining in detail research works and publications (only for doctoral students)
- A document accrediting the applicant’s social or economic vulnerability and/or exclusion, if applicable.
*This documentation must be presented before the deadline established.
Once the deadline for submitting applications has passed, International Relations Services (SRI, by its Spanish initials) at the University of the Balearic Islands will consider the applications and will open a period of 5 business days for possible amendments.
After this amendment period, applications that meet the requirements will be sent to tutors or those in charge of international and mobility programmes at corresponding UIB and partner university centres so that they may make appropriate selections in accordance with principles of equality, merit, and ability, with special regard to students’ academic transcripts, the language accreditation required by the host university, the proposal of subjects to be taken or the mobility agreement that will be carried out at the host university, accreditation of social or economic vulnerability and/or exclusion, and finally whether the applicant has participated in any other exchange financed by the ERASMUS programme.
Decisions will be communicated to each student by email and will be published on the Internet.
Procedure for accepting or renouncing places
Once the provisional decision has been published, a period of 3 days will be opened for students to accept or renounce their placement by email. If they renounce the placement, they should specify a reason. After this period, if necessary, another 3-day period will be opened for students who were on the wait list to accept their placements.
The start of the exchange for selected students will be agreed upon by the home university, the host university, and the student, in accordance with the academic calendars and availability at the host university. In any case, they must be finished before 30 June 2019.
- Terms of the call:
- List of available places: Annex I
- List of available studies at the UIB depending on the studies in the home university
- On-line application - opened from 1st November until 26th November 2017